Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 10:05:43 AM | IP Logged

Hi, is anyone else experiencing problems with downloading and installing files from Coursedownloads ?

I received three messages lately from people having problems with downloading files from Coursedownloads.
This is one of the messages i received from one of our members:

Can't figure out what's wrong, but every time I download a course from Coursedownloads.com, the file(s) will download successfully but, when I attempt to install the course, I first get a message that there is a size mismatch; then another one that says the install process cannot be completed because the temporary file is being used by some other process. I can download exactly the same file from CGX and TW Caddie 08 will install like it's supposed to.

I'm downloading files using the Google Chrome browser. Was some change made at Coursedownloads.com that alters the files when they're downloading? 

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 7/9/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 4:20:01 PM | IP Logged

My guess is it's Chrome, which does almost daily auto-updates if you don't turn that off. Some little toggle of electrons in Chrome might be causing this. Or possibly Chrome Extensions. First try a 'Safe mode' start with no extensions or plug-ins for Chrome, see if the problem disappears. If yes it's an extension or plug-in. If no, same problem, then I'd try a different browser in plain vanilla form. Same problem, maybe it's Windows or the Caddy needs to be re-installed. I seriously doubt it's CourseDownloads. 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 4:39:59 PM | IP Logged

I tested downloads using every browser and experienced no problems. Not sure what the issue is but my guess is it has to do with people using download tools with chrome. Download tools will attempt to speed up downloads by creating multiple connections to a file, sometimes up to 100. If you are using a download manager you need to set max connections to less than 5. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 8:54:25 AM | IP Logged

Hi All,

Don't know why, because I didn't make any adjustments, but now all courses are downloading and installing perfectly.

Thanks to whomever may have made any adjustments here at the site. 

There are 1 active members online
wpb52,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Zipfile problems - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 9:00:52 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.