Updated Players
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 10:48:03 PM | IP Logged

What would it take to update the players in the game to some of the players that are new on tour? We are still competing with players from 7 years ago on the leaderboards. If this has already been done please share!

Kelly 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:04:04 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:11:00 PM

I Believe Bangus did it 5 years ago, look for the file: Updated CPU opponents.
It is in section: Utilities....Utilities and files for TW08.....Custom golfers

Or go to this link: http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=713

Updated CPU Opponents: contains 200 updated PGA pros, including correct stats
as of July 2008. These files can be used for Stroke play tournaments and Tour
Mode play. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot between -10 and -15
(four-round tourney).

Updated CPU Opponents Edited Scoring: contains 200 updated PGA pros,
including correct stats with the exception of Scoring and Birdie stats. Can be used
for Stroke play and Tour Mode. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot
between -20 and -25.

Some things to note:

The game developers programmed Tiger to shoot much better than all other
golfers. Ive attempted to edit his file to ensure he wins several tournaments each
year, but without blowing away the field every time. Regardless, due to the
somewhat random programming, he will still run away with the occasional
tournament. Which IMO is realistic anyway.

The three folders (PGASmall, PGA Tour, PGAChamp) do not contain the
identical player files. The European pros and select PGA pros have been removed
from the PGASmall folder, while a handful of older players have been removed
from the PGA Tour folder. If you use these folders for Tour Mode play, youll see
players like Tiger skipping several tournaments each year. Also, older players like
Norman will only appear in a few tournaments the four Majors, for example.
However, the CPU appears to randomly choose the number of players in each
tournament, so theres no way to ensure how many tournaments a player like
Norman will play. He might play in one or two tournaments, and he might play in
up to a dozen.

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 at 6:28:31 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Friday, June 5, 2015 at 7:10:00 AM Dang apostrophe keeps showing up as a quotation mark!

Hi guys. Gun, my golfers list from 08 is pretty dated. What I use now is a list of the top 100 golfers of all time, plus 100 or so of the top golfers in the world as per their world rankings. I also added a few oldies that I want to see on my leaderboard like Mike Weir, Craig Stadler, Kermit Zarley and George Knudson. That way I don''t have to spend much time updating my players.

To update opponents for your leaderboard: switch profiles and create a new player, then switch back to your profile. Go to set up a game. In the Select Golfer screen, highlight your new player, switch him from human to computer player, and assign his abilities. Exit the game and locate his plr file, located in Documents / TW 08 / Career / Players. Copy and paste his plr file into the PGA Tour folder, located in Program Files / EA Sports / TW 08 / Players. 

kchavis
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:05:09 PM | IP Logged

Bangus, I am working on creating an updated PGA Tour list of players. When you created yours, do you recall what stats/settings did you input for the highest ranked player? For example, did you start with the top player's stats at 300yds, 80% driv accuracy, 70% sand save %, etc....and then decreased the stats for as you went down the list?

Just want to make sure the top tournament scores are similar to your edited PGA Tour file (Winning scores finishing from 20 to 25 under.) Thanks 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 4:36:57 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 4:43:00 AM

kchavis said:
"Just want to make sure the top tournament scores are similar to your edited PGA Tour file (Winning scores finishing from 20 to 25 under.) Thanks"

kchavis, to achieve those scores you need to start by maxing out specific abilities of the top players, after which you scale the abilities of the rest of the players accordingly. The two stats I focus on are scoring and birdies, so the top players will have 66.50 scoring and 5.50 birdies. The next tier of players 66.75 and 5.25, the next 67.00 and 5.00, and so forth.

Some abilities do not affect leaderboard scoring, such as sand saves and putting, they only come into play when playing 1v1 against a CPU opponent. Driving distance averages however show up in the season stats, so you might consider adjusting players accordingly.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 12:06:45 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the great info Bangus,i changed the status from this topic to Sticky Topic. 

kchavis
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 5:15:21 PM | IP Logged

Thanks so much Bangus!!! Actually, I've decided to use your PGA Tour file and simply take out the players I don't want and add some players from the top 100 World rankings...I think that will work? thanks again... 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 10:07:26 AM | IP Logged

kchavis said:
"I think that will work?"

Hi Guys. Thanks Gunpower. Yes, that will work. The program randomly selects 160 or so golfers for each tourney. I have around 220 golfers so I see a wide variety of names on the leaderboard. If you want to play against the same opponents each tourney, you need to reduce the number of golfers in your PGA Tour folder. Also, I use other folders for different tourneys. Example, I use the PGA Small folder for Major tourneys, I put only the best golfers in it so I have a more difficult challenge.  

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 7:43:02 PM | IP Logged

edited by: huskereurocat on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 8:41:00 PM Added to the post.

Bangus, I understand your instructions on making a new player, but was just wondering about editing an existing players abilities. My PGA Tour folder player abilities are very dated. I would assume that you change a players abilities in the game itself? As if you were setting up a game and changing the abilities of your players correct? Is there a way to do this by the hexeditor I just downloaded? Do they both work and is one easier than the other? Just don''t know what line gets changed and what gets changed if you do it in the hexeditor. Maybe the game is the easier way, huh?
I noticed too that Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Annika Sorenstam cannot be edited. Is there a reason for that, one that I am not aware of. That is as far as I have gone in seeing if the players are editable or not.

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 9:59:58 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"I noticed too that Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Annika Sorenstam cannot be edited. Is there a reason for that, one that I am not aware of. That is as far as I have gone in seeing if the players are editable or not.
"

Default players/files cannot be edited, you must create the player yourself in order to edit him/her. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 11:46:50 AM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"
huskereurocat said:
"I noticed too that Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Annika Sorenstam cannot be edited. Is there a reason for that, one that I am not aware of. That is as far as I have gone in seeing if the players are editable or not.
"

Default players/files cannot be edited, you must create the player yourself in order to edit him/her."

Is there a way to re-use the player logo/photo (dds file)? I'm terrible at creating a realistic likeness of a player.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 11:53:55 AM | IP Logged

Not sure, but i think you will find some help below:

This info was posted in the forum by jbcalg:

usually when you create a player - or use a created player - and play a few holes or a course
then an image file is created by the game in the

C:\Users\username\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\PlayerName
(or similar named location for XP)

and is named: photo.tga

this is based on what facial features, clothing etc etc are used in Gameface

from that image an icon button like you posted above is created By The Game in that same folder but is named
photobtn.tga

it is actually a .dds image file but the game names it with the .tga extension

IF - you want to use your real picture instead of the gameface picture for the photobtn/icon

open the Player folder where the photo and photobtn images are
copy/paste both in the folder, so you have a back up copy of each

Rename the photobtn.tga file to photobtn.dds

open in your image editor that can process .dds files

note: the photo.btn template if the same as the logo template, seen on the courses page at left
- so use that if you want to start with

insert the image you want on the player button to the photobtn template

save as .dds

copy/paste it so you have a copy

rename it to photobtn.tga

it will show in the game as your player button/icon

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 1:46:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Friday, June 19, 2015 at 5:52:00 PM

huskereurocat said:
"I''m terrible at creating a realistic likeness of a player."

There are golfers to download that people here have uploaded, Utilities section.

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 8:41:09 PM | IP Logged

Quote:
"Is there a way to re-use the player logo/photo (dds file)? I'm terrible at creating a realistic likeness of a player."

the gameface part of the software drives the creation of the player image dds file

add whatever image you want, the in game player features will not change 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Lyle
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 6:34:58 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"Hi guys. Gun, my golfers list from 08 is pretty dated. What I use now is a list of the top 100 golfers of all time, plus 100 or so of the top golfers in the world as per their world rankings. I also added a few oldies that I want to see on my leaderboard like Mike Weir, Craig Stadler, Kermit Zarley and George Knudson. That way I don''t have to spend much time updating my players.

To update opponents for your leaderboard: switch profiles and create a new player, then switch back to your profile. Go to set up a game. In the Select Golfer screen, highlight your new player, switch him from human to computer player, and assign his abilities. Exit the game and locate his plr file, located in Documents / TW 08 / Career / Players. Copy and paste his plr file into the PGA Tour folder, located in Program Files / EA Sports / TW 08 / Players."

Where can I DL this Bangus? 

Lyle Signature

Champions Tour 2008

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (75)

Posted: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 5:10:22 AM | IP Logged

edited by: TeeOffTowerse on Monday, August 15, 2016 at 5:11:00 AM additional info

Lyle said:
"
bangus said:
"Hi guys. Gun, my golfers list from 08 is pretty dated. What I use now is a list of the top 100 golfers of all time, plus 100 or so of the top golfers in the world as per their world rankings. I also added a few oldies that I want to see on my leaderboard like Mike Weir, Craig Stadler, Kermit Zarley and George Knudson. That way I don''''t have to spend much time updating my players.

To update opponents for your leaderboard: switch profiles and create a new player, then switch back to your profile. Go to set up a game. In the Select Golfer screen, highlight your new player, switch him from human to computer player, and assign his abilities. Exit the game and locate his plr file, located in Documents / TW 08 / Career / Players. Copy and paste his plr file into the PGA Tour folder, located in Program Files / EA Sports / TW 08 / Players."

Where can I DL this Bangus?"

See Gunpower''s reply of 4th June 1015. He gave the link as follows:

go to this link: http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=713

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

joshuajays
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 4:06:54 AM | IP Logged

I see I'm super late to the party and I guess this is the only proper updated player file I can use for career mode but I do have one question. There are two separate set of files "Updated CPU Opponents" and "Updated CPU Opponents Edited Scoring". What essentially is the difference?  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:41:15 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:42:00 AM

The Updated CPU Opponents will shoot between -10 and -15 (four-round tourney).
And the Updated CPU Opponents Edited Scoring will shoot between -20 and -25 (four-round tourney).
So the Opponents Edited Scoring will be harder to beat.

Below is the full info:

Updated CPU Opponents:
contains 200 updated PGA pros, including correct stats
as of July 2008. These files can be used for Stroke play tournaments and Tour
Mode play. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot between -10 and -15
(four-round tourney).

Updated CPU Opponents Edited Scoring:
contains 200 updated PGA pros,
including correct stats with the exception of Scoring and Birdie stats. Can be used
for Stroke play and Tour Mode. CPU tournament leaders will generally shoot
between -20 and -25 (four-round tourney).

joshuajays
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 2:48:07 PM | IP Logged

Ahh okay, thanks dude. 

There are 2 active members online
Bobo, Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Updated Players - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 1:25:24 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.