Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 1:02:46 PM | IP Logged

I recently reinstalled TW08 on my XP Pro drive. No problems with the courses, flags and splash screens appearing properly in the game. When clicking on the course description tab tab within the game I get the message If you are seeing this message "The course did not come with a text file and prompting me to install a new text file using the caddy. Here is the weird thing. I checked all of the text files before installing the courses into the game making sure that they all had the proper description that are related to the particular course installed. All the courses I installed gave me the same text error about not having a text file when I opened them up in the game. I went into the TW08 courses folder and all the text files now instead of the proper course description all displayed the no text message. Weirder yet, the course folder of origin from where I installed these courses into the game courses folder, had all the original text file changed and now all bear the same error message as the ones in the TW08 courses game folder. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:44:37 PM | IP Logged

Hiya jurgie, yes weird problem, not sure why the textfiles in the original location are changed too.
Maybe you made one big zipfile of all courses folders, and then installed it in TW08 ?
It is safer to make a seperate zipfile of each course you want to install, but that will take some time.

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:58:04 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the reply. No, all courses were in seperate folders and not zipped in one file. Not sure what the problem is. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - The Caddy and Course Text Files - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 11:33:14 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.