Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 6:52:09 PM | IP Logged

Hi,

I've suddenly started having a real problem with TW08. My panos are not displaying correctly - the image seems to alternate with white and green coloration, almost as if it is corrupt. Have had a tinker with graphics settings, but to no avail. Anyone know whats up?

Many thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 6:54:16 AM | IP Logged

Hello, you can try to change the ingame resolution, play 1 hole, and set the resolution back to the original settings.
This is how you can do it:

Start TW08 game and on the main screen go to: Options.....Video
Now set the screen resolution to another value, and play 1 hole on any course.
After that set the screen resolution back to the original setting, and look if it fixed the problem.

When it is still not fixed then you can try to set the shader level to Low:
Start TW08 game and on the main screen go to: Options.....Graphics
Set the Graphics to manual settings, and set Shader level: Low

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 9:11:16 AM | IP Logged

I'm afraid no luck with any of that, but many thanks. I've done a fresh install of TW08 and got the same problem just on the stock courses. So strange. I've attached a pic if it is of any help.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:08:35 AM | IP Logged

Looks weird, did you also try to set:

Lense flare: off
Bloom: Off

(You can find it in TW08 in Options.....Graphics)

It suddenly started, maybe you updated the driver of your graphics card ?
Sometimes the newer drivers for graphics cards are not working very well for TW08.
What PC system you have ?

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 1:24:16 PM | IP Logged

I've tired playing around with all the manual settings, to no avail.

Specs for my laptop:

i7 Processor
AMD Radeon R7 M440
8GB RAM

Thanks so much for trying to help 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 3:14:12 PM | IP Logged

AMD Radeon R7 M440 is a stronger dedicated card, maybe your laptop is also using an integrated grapics card ( Weaker card ), so maybe you have two graphics cards.
I have a laptop with an nvidia dedicated graphics card, and also an onboard weaker graphics card.
In my nvidia control panel i had to force to use the stronger nividia dedicated card for TW08.
Standard my laptop sets the weaker onboard graphics card for TW08, but then i have some graphics issues.
After i forced to use the dedicated cardfor TW08 it works fine.
When you also have two grapics cards ( dedicated and onboard ), then maybe you also have the option to choose witch card to use in AMD control panel, not sure though.

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 4:18:02 PM | IP Logged

Had a look, and unfortunatley TW08 is using my AMD card. It is so odd this has just started happening. Something must have updated or a setting must have changed unbeknown to me. Thanks for all the help.... I'll keep having a root around. The game is still playable, but it looks pretty bad... 

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 at 5:17:41 PM | IP Logged

Switched TW08 to run on the integrated intel graphics chipset and the problem was gone... clearly an issue with the AMD drivers. How annoying. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 11:48:00 AM | IP Logged

Yes that happens sometimes after a driver update, maybe it is an option to roll back your dedicated graphics card to a previous driver.
If you decide to uninstall the current driver, always write down the current driver version, just in case you have to reinstall it. 

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 11:49:30 AM | IP Logged

Well I've tried and tried with different drivers etc, but I can't seem to get the panos to work properly again with my AMD card... really odd seing as they once did. The game doesn't perform well enough on my integrated graphics, so will just have to stick with it looking a bit bad... 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 12:17:25 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 12:18:00 PM

This driver removal tool has helped some people I know , it clears out old drivers AMD & Nvidia. Then install new drivers
, I do not bother with the " run it in safe mode " just as is so to speak , the site has other good downloads as well.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

imightbewron
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 5:30:07 PM | IP Logged

many thanks my friend, but no luck, using the latest drivers. i tried a lot of rolling back before but could try again with that tool i guess. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 2:19:28 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 2:22:00 PM

imightbewrong said:
"many thanks my friend, but no luck, using the latest drivers. i tried a lot of rolling back before but could try again with that tool i guess."

Yes {using the latest drivers does not all ways work } lots of games had trouble with certain drivers earlier this year, on the site there is also under Generic tools section the
AMD OverDrive 3.2.3

The AMD OverDrive application was designed to be a utility the provides the ability to maximize the capability, flexibility, and adjustability of the AMD chipset products

SandieBunker
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 7:30:35 PM | IP Logged

I have/had the exact same problem. Ended up having to roll back to drivers to ones from a couple of years ago to get it to work OK again. New AMD drivers do not seem to play well with such an old game. 

SandieBunker Signature

Youre still away...

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 12:03:07 AM | IP Logged

Having the same problem even with weaker graphics(Intel HD 4600) as nVidia driver will hang the game after completion of a hole.

Just last month upgraded the Intel drivers that's when my game screen starts flickering. Can't use nVidia as I said earlier will hang the game. 10 year old game so can't complain much?

Maybe just need to downgrade the Intel graphics to a year back? No idea but hoping one day soon I might do that without affecting the rest of the programs that I have.

Regards,
McAlfie 

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 12:15:46 AM | IP Logged

Forgotten to mention. All the above ways don't work.

Regards,
McAlfie 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 7:16:45 AM | IP Logged

Mcalfie you said you are having problems with nvidia card after completing a hole.
You probably already did it, but dont forget to do the confidence folder fix:

There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or Win8: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside Documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties.
Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 1:49:06 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 1:50:00 AM

mcalfie said:
"Having the same problem even with weaker graphics(Intel HD 4600) as nVidia driver will hang the game after completion of a hole.

Just last month upgraded the Intel drivers that''s when my game screen starts flickering. Can''t use nVidia as I said earlier will hang the game. 10 year old game so can''t complain much?

Maybe just need to downgrade the Intel graphics to a year back? No idea but hoping one day soon I might do that without affecting the rest of the programs that I have.

Regards,
McAlfie"

What Nvidia Graphicscard do you have and have out tried the driver removal tool , clears amd as well
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
and as Pat said
There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or Win8: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside Documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties.
Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

GolfMikeLK
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/14/1959 (65)

Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 4:45:43 AM | IP Logged

your a copy cat 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 5:33:32 AM | IP Logged

Not copy cat in my opinion, Argon added some extra help about the driver removal tool, that might help aswell. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
mcalfie,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Panorama Problem - Page 1 Loaded in 0.391 seconds
Saturday, April 20, 2024 @ 2:28:22 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.