Can't Compile: "Too much detail"
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (75)

Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 8:29:18 AM | IP Logged

When I try to compile I get the above message. However by means of elimination I can get to compile if I don't tick the structures box. The tca has 3427 objects and 640 structures. What is strange is that I have managed to compile the tca of previous courses before with larger numbers of objects and structures. I have toyed around by reducing the number significantly to no avail. Any clues?  

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 9:09:26 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Lawrence, did you try to optimize detail of your textures ?
It says too much detail, so that includes detail of textures aswell. 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 12:01:46 PM | IP Logged

Hi Pat. I have optimised the textures. Didn’t want to over do it. I will re-visit the textures. Have changed some of the deep rough not in play to rough to remove strain on graphics. Still no joy. Perhaps further optimisation will do trick  

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 7/30/1947 (76)

Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 1:26:13 PM | IP Logged

Lawrence, might it be too much detail in some of those structures? 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 6:56:54 AM | IP Logged

Could be right there Jim. I have optimised more than normal, yet to attempt compile. Strange thing is that Point count, faces etc are well below what I have had in past. The objects too are well below past projects. I will restore to a previous version and start by eliminating buildings. Clubhouse/hotel alone are 5 buildings. Could be they are the problem. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 6:01:48 AM | IP Logged

OK folks, I finally solved the problem. I am posting the solution in order that it may assist others. I went back to previously saved versions of the project at major points. First I compiled after doing all of the hole elevation work. It compiled fine. Next, after inserting tee boxes, benbches extc. Again it compiled fine. Next, after insertingbushes/trees. Again compiled fine. Next, after inserting walls/fences; would NOT compile. So that gave me something to work on. Removing these objects did not solve the problem, but the only other work I did to the tca was to insert car parking lines. By removing those the tca compiled. So that was my problem, car parking seperation lanes was the culprit. Strange I have used them before but no problem. CA is a wierd beast at times. A special thanks to Pat and Jim for the input. Without your input and hints I may very well have shelved the project.  

TeeOffTowers Signature

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 7/30/1947 (76)

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 8:04:11 AM | IP Logged

Lawrence that is strange. I have done courses with lots of car parking lines. Just out of curiousity - how wide were the lines that you used? I was wondering if the CA would not like areas of texture that were too thin. Good to know that you got it to compile. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 12:22:59 PM | IP Logged

Good news you got it working Lawrence, and thanks for posting the solution. 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 2:13:56 PM | IP Logged

Jimbo63 said:
"Lawrence that is strange. I have done courses with lots of car parking lines. Just out of curiousity - how wide were the lines that you used? I was wondering if the CA would not like areas of texture that were too thin. Good to know that you got it to compile."

Jim,
I have used these lines before although I drew the rectangular shape. This time I used the path tool. They were 6" wide and approx 14' long. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

There are 1 active members online
gene1949,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Can't Compile: "Too much detail" - Page 1 Loaded in 0.227 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 6:39:33 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.