Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : The Course Source
Bladed Effects Textures
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, October 4, 2021 at 12:04:23 PM | IP Logged

I would appreciate any help from others who have created libraries for TW08. I have created some libraries, but have not been pleased with my results for adding the bladed rough (or other texture) and making what is called a "Grass Effect Texture". From the excellent tutorial on this which can be downloaded from here, http://coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=987, the author shows three pictures of grass effect textures, however, he does not go into detail about how he arrived at those pictures. Did he blur the original terrain texture? If so, what kind of blurring technique did he use?

So, I am reaching out to you for help and appreciate all I can get! Thanks.

BULLPUPP2
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/30/1964 (59)

Posted: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 10:57:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: BULLPUPP2 on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 10:58:00 PM

I was pretty good at textures back in the day. All my images and notes on settings were lost on an old hard drive so I can''t help you. It is rather involved to get right for textures with blades such as rough. Check out some of my texture set uploaded to this site. You should be able to find something you can use. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, November 5, 2021 at 5:33:49 AM | IP Logged

You made a lot of good stuff Bill. K textures in particular has become a staple set (for me at least.

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Friday, November 5, 2021 at 11:23:48 PM | IP Logged

The appearance of the grass effect texture barely matters, since they're so small. All that matters is that the colour matches the rough base texture. I've attached the tga file of the blade texture I used for Torrey Pines. I generally use this same texture for the blades most of the time, but re-colour for each course to match it's rough.

Using photoshop (or something similar), open up both the blade texture and the base rough texture. Copy the rough and paste it onto the blade texture (as a second layer). Change the layer blending of the rough layer to 'colour' so the rough disappears and now the bottom layer (blade texture) is now the colour of the rough.

Grass blades rendered in the game tend to show up darker then the actual base textures so the blade texture should actually be a slightly lighter version of the base textures colour. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 98.5 KB

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 9:36:51 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bryder2162 on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 9:37:00 AM Missing word.

Thanks a million...this is exactly what I was looking for! 

There are 1 active members online
Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Bladed Effects Textures - Page 1 Loaded in 0.188 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 6:15:25 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.