Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : The Course Source
Course Life System Not Working!
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 9:39:40 AM | IP Logged

I am working on a new course which is almost done except for the oddity that I CAN NOT get the Course Life System to work on it! This is a first for me. Anyone had this problem before? If so, what would be the solution? Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 10:14:52 AM | IP Logged

Hello Bruce, can you see the course life system on other courses ?
In TW08 you can try to set Course life system to: High
Start TW08....go to Options.....Graphics...there you can set course life system to: High
Mostly the Course life system is set to Automatic, but when you have a weaker PC the CLS can be automatic disabled in TW08.
You can also try to paste a CLS folder from another course in your course folder.
Note: Not sure but i believe when your course is not installed inside the TW08 game, then the cls is not working. 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 12:52:42 PM | IP Logged

Pat,

It seems like it is the computer that I am using for creating courses (it might not have enough RAM). I installed the new course on my more powerful Windows 10 machine and the CLS works fine.

I am experimenting with putting seagulls on this course similar to Tiger Woods 2006. I have them working, see attached picture, but if anyone wants to take a look at the code and give me some tips, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 1:19:39 PM | IP Logged

Wooow, nice work, thanks for sharing the picture

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 4:34:41 PM | IP Logged

While I have no idea why your cls wasn't showing up, as there could be a few reasons, I'm certain it wasn't a lack of ram. If the gane runs at all, then the cls should work fine too.

It appears you're just tossing some birds on the course and maybe a few other things.

I've made cls files so monstrous in size and so complex that they are mind boggling. All my work is done and tested on a 15+ year old computer and it wasm't a very good computer 15 years ago, and I've never had problems with the cls not showing up due to memory issues.

Also, I hope you just used what I already did with the static birds/geese on the Laurentian Fall course. I'd hate to think you redid the work that was already done...

...and there were static birds in 06? I don't remember that. was there a particular course where they showed up? 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 5:23:40 PM | IP Logged

There is a Seagull Walking [SeagullWGeom] geometry code in the CLS for Tiger Woods 2006. I moved all the .x files needed (four) into the CLS folder for the course. There is code for two walking seagulls in the TW 06 CLS also. They use the SeagullWGeom and the Duck5Tex code from the TW 08 CLS (seagull). I used the first one (making a few changes) and used the second one, but added the path followed by the squirrels in that one. I added them as actors in the "World" code section using a density setting of 0.000150. I tried other code, but it did not work too well.

I have attached the code. If there are any changes or improvements you can think of, let me know. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 972 bytes

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 5:26:19 PM | IP Logged

The good folk of Carnoustie wouldn't thank you for the seagulls.

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, November 12, 2021 at 10:45:23 AM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"The good folk of Carnoustie wouldn't thank you for the seagulls.
"

Give them my apologies! The name of this course is Gull Wing Golf Links so I gotta have gulls! 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, November 12, 2021 at 7:49:12 PM | IP Logged

I got the course life system (CLS) working. I had to totally uninstall Tiger Woods 2008 and install it again. That fixed the problem. 

There are 1 active members online
Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Course Life System Not Working! - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 7:09:15 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.