Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 11:07:52 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 11:39:00 AM

Golf-4Fun Tour ending tournaments

The Gof-4Fun.org site, started by Jo Summer, has been running since 2005. After the EA servers were shut down in 2010, Jo developed the G4F Launcher and opened the site up for online play. Currently, Joe H. and I are the administrators. Joe joined the admin team about 7 years ago. I signed on in early 2018. In June, 2019, I became head admin. Joe has managed the KO tournaments and helped with tech issues.

Member participation numbers are down drastically. The numbers make it hard to justify the time it takes for planning and supporting the site. Both Joe & I would like to retire from admin duties. Jo Summer agrees that the life of the Golf-4Fun site, as it exists today, is near its end.

So, as of December 24, 2023, the Golf-4Fun.org site will no longer run Weekly or KO tournaments, the way it does today.

Jo Summer has said his plans are to try to keep the site open. He has some ideas about changing the look and operation of the site, so that members could possibly set their own tournaments. The details of the site operation are not formalized so I will try to provide updates, when they are available.

We want to thank all the course designers, over the many years, that have taken the time and energy to produce the courses for the TW Golf community.

We also want to thank Pat (Gunpower61), here at Course Downloads, for all his help in supporting the community.

And, we can''t thank Jo Summer enough for keeping the site open all these years.

Steve Norton
nort2 (Admin for Golf-4Fun.org)

Joe Hendrickson
Joe (Admin for Golf-4Fun.org)

Topic Locked

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 11:20:50 AM | IP Logged

We on Coursedownloads always had the pleasure to work together with Golf-4Fun Tour.
For example, last year they provided us all missing CGX Courses, so we could make them available for download on Coursedownloads.
Thanks for everything Golf-4Fun Tour. 

Topic Locked

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Golf-4Fun Tour ending tournaments - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 3:09:32 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.