CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - How to uninstall. patch in TW07 (V1.1 to V1.0) - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : Tutorials/FAQs
How to uninstall. patch in TW07 (V1.1 to V1.0)
Topic Locked  
Author  Message

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, April 6, 2007 at 12:54:58 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, August 6, 2007 at 10:40:00 AM

Hi i created tutorial how to uninstall patch (V1.1 to V1.0).
When you follow steps in attached files, you will be able to switch easy from V1.1 to V1.0 and back from V1.0 to V1.1 in 1 minute.
It is zip file with 2 files inside: one file in word format and other file in PDF format.

Option: When you also want to save your current Camera positions, go to link below:
(Send by: NorthernSanta)

When you dont want to save your current camera positions, go to attached file below: 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 207.1 KB

Topic Locked

tspenik
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 5:17:32 AM | IP Logged

Thank you very much for the uninstall instructions for patch v 1.1. That patch was so bad that I could not understand how it got out the door. Thanks again. 

Topic Locked

Paddy_60
General Member
No User Image
Australia

Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 7:21:24 PM | IP Logged

Many thanks, Gunpower61.......I agree with tspenik on this, total junk! 

Topic Locked

dadskir
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/13/1948 (75)

Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 at 12:15:33 PM | IP Logged

Followed your instructions, but when I searched the DVD for bin, only one match came back and it didnt seem to be in a zip folder. All it returned after the search was a picture of a folder with bin next to it. To the right of that, the title at the top said in Folder and under that it said F:\ Please advise. Thank you. 

Topic Locked

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 at 3:33:18 PM | IP Logged

Hi bro....
I think that is the one you will need.
I attached file what is inside bin folder.
When you open bin folder you will have to see files i attached below:

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 117.7 KB

Topic Locked

TimmyG Putz
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 12:59:51 PM | IP Logged

Hi there...I just joined this site, and I came accross this post. I just bought TW 07 and have been playing for about 2 weeks. What is this patch that everyone is so keen on removing...what problems does it cause? Should I be concerned?

TimmyG Putz 

Topic Locked

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 1:18:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JSJarvis on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 1:20:00 PM

When TW07 came out, it had several bugs, the most important of which was that the physics of sidehill and uphill lies was not correct. Another was that there were no water reflections on custom courses. A workaround was found by a course architect and many custom courses were made with this workaround so that the water on courses looked better. When the v1.1 patch came out, it fixed the lies problem, but it broke the workaround for the water. So the result was you either had realistic physics with worse looking courses or you had good looking courses with inaccurate physics. Since EA was so late in coming out with the patch, a lot of players were used to how the game played and were more interested in good looking courses. Also, the patch was only released officially for the North American versions of the game. So players in other parts of the world had v1.0 without any lie effects and those in North America had 2 versions to choose from. EA did not change EASO to make the patch required for online play, so literally you could have players playing with different versions of the game. Some tours chose to stay with v1.0 so everyone was playing with the same game.

That is why this article was written on how to go back to v1.0 if you dont like what v1.1 did to your game. 

Topic Locked

There are 1 active members online
Daskeezy1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - How to uninstall. patch in TW07 (V1.1 to V1.0) - Page 1 Loaded in 0.297 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 1:09:06 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.