Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 at 11:34:26 PM | IP Logged

Hi all, My speculation is like this.
EA has about 20+ real courses in thier stock. Initial release would be with 6 of them. Then, if one new course is added every months, it will last over one year. There will be fantasy courses every 2 or 3 months. Then, thier releasing schedule will last 2 years. During that period, EA can consider how to make more money.
But one thing is sure. Augusta National will never be included. Without CA, we will never be able to play Augusta in TWO. lol

What about the fee? If it's fixed, I can at least try a month. If it's a specific duty, I can't afford coz I play a lot. DVD will be much cheaper in comparison, and I can customize it. wow

R0Bkh
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 9/26/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:27:34 AM | IP Logged

The title of the post says it all really. 

R0Bkh Signature

Thanks for visiting CourseDownloads.com

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 12:51:34 PM | IP Logged

A few persons kindly told me that it was like this when every version of TW were released.
Then, I would like to ask you members of the site.

Were you silent like this over the years?
Didn't you raise the voice of our serious need for the Course Architect?

The outcome was this. TW08 without CA.

There will be no CA with TWO, if you are silent like this.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 1:08:56 PM | IP Logged

edited by: DivotMaker on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 1:15:00 PM

Goro,

You arent going to get anywhere with this kind of post.

TW07 and 08 were developed by EA Tiburon, not Headgate Studios who was the developer for TW2001-06. Headgate Studios owns the IP for the Course Architect and Course Utilities. Therefore, since Headgate stopped working on TW for PC, EA no longer had the rights to include these programs as part of the TW PC product.

You and everyone else can shout as loud as you like about a CA for TWO, but if it IS or ISNT in EAs plans for TWO, no one is going to tell you anything until EA says it is okay to discuss it. How many times do you need to be told this? If you cant be patient and wait for EA to discuss the subject, then I suggest you quit worrying about TWO and go play TW08..... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 1:46:52 PM | IP Logged

Goro, did you sign up to participate in the beta? If not, why not? That is the best way to get your suggestions and comments in front of the people that can make the difference. Speculation and complaining on a community site is not the most appropriate way to go about getting changes to a game made. We can post on a website all we want with no effect at all. Sign up and participate in the beta. leave feedback in the beta forums. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 4:17:44 PM | IP Logged

As Jim said, sign up to be part of the beta. There is a reason things are quiet HERE. It is because a group of people that really care about the future of the TW series signed up to make a difference in the shaping of the new game and they are talking OVER THERE in the beta forums where they are allowed to talk.

Stop trying to stir things up on this site with your speculation. Either be a part of the solution (sign up for the beta and make your opinion known there) or be quiet. 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 at 3:59:35 AM | IP Logged

DivotMaker, jmeier, JSJarvis, thanks for your sincere replies.
I believe that people's demonstration sometimes get more power than that of inside the beta test or whatever. So I wanted the logical reasons why your trying to stop my sincere speculations. Now I got it 80%. enough to stop lol
And the infomation from DivotMaker resolved my query about why the CA was cut off. I appreciate this, and your forgiveness on the other topic.

I don't participate in the beta tests, but I believe many people from the pc communities will request the CA for TWO. And if TWO have a means of course designing, I will delightfully join in. Many thanks.

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 at 4:21:29 AM | IP Logged

One more thing. The reason why I am not participating the beta test.
I believed there would NEVER be a CA with TWO, so I thought it would make no sense for joinning the beta and requesting it.
But seeing Tim's extolment, I am not sure now .....

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 3:00:12 PM | IP Logged

It must be too late to tell EA that panorama has been a big factor for TW video game. One reason why I didn't buy TW07-08 was that. Although this is only my speculation, it is impossibe to have spectacle panoramas like 05 in TWO. 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 5:43:45 PM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"It must be too late to tell EA that panorama has been a big factor for TW video game. One reason why I didn't buy TW07-08 was that. Although this is only my speculation, it is impossibe to have spectacle panoramas like 05 in TWO."

It is not too late to tell EA anything regarding TW Online....they have had two betas already and will have another one in a few weeks. The topic of panos was discussed briefly on the TW Online forums. With the new course creation tools and course data gathering with laser mapping technology, I am not sure if the TW05 panos can work, but they are open to suggestions from ANYONE on how to improve the game. All you need to do is sign up for the Beta and your voice can be heard..... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 3:53:46 AM | IP Logged

Hi Divot,
"The topic of panos was discussed briefly on the TW Online forums. With the new course creation tools and course data gathering with laser mapping technology"

This is what I've been wanting to hear from you. I heartily appreciate it.
Will that new tools be open for customers?
I will sign up for the next beta test. Thanks a lot.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 6:24:17 AM | IP Logged

I can't comment on whether there will be a CA or course creation tools for the end users. I wish I could though. Hopefully soon. 

DivotMaker Signature

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 6:54:33 AM | IP Logged

So many thanks to Tim. Bye 

There are 1 active members online
southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - This is just a speculation! - Page 1 Loaded in 0.656 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 12:57:57 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.