Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 at 4:31:56 PM | IP Logged

The last thread was getting quite full, so it is time to start a new one.

Please just take a minute to introduce your self to the members, if you have questions about the game or any feature on the site please create a new post and leave this one just for introductions.  

jmk
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 2:07:17 PM | IP Logged

Hi. I am Joe McDaniel. Found this site by accident(forgot what I was looking for). Been playing TW since it came out. Love the real game more of course! Not a fanatic of the PC game, tours, etc. just like to fire it up and play. Adding these custom/pre-year/pre-game courses sounds like fun. I'm encountering a problem and will post in proper area.

Thanks, Joe 

nuttywoody
Course Staff
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 10:06:51 AM | IP Logged

Hi, I'm Mark, and I was pretty active here for a while. I got a bit sidetracked around the time EA took the server for TW08 down, that, and life stuff. I really want to come back. I miss designing. When I stalled out I had a complete design of an ocean-side course ready for testing, which was subsequently lost in a computer warranty repair screw-up. I did not have my TW stuff backed up properly, so I lost all my source stuff, textures, tutorial I wrote and so on.

I have all the old files for the tutorials I wrote on a CD somewhere, but I can't find them here on the site. I'm going to be looking for that CD, I saw it not long ago.

It's been so long I feel like I'm starting fresh, but I am sure it will start to come back to me once I get the major pieces in place.

If I had one wish for today it would be to find a link to that Vista Virtual Machine tutorial. I'm still running Vista 64, same machine. I want to get up and running again, and that's where it all starts for me. I can set it up without the tutorial, but I'd like to avoid any undue experiments and re-learning curve if possible.

All I've done so far is get TW08 installed. I did retain all my player files.

It's good to be back. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 11:03:19 AM | IP Logged

hiya nuttywoody...

I will have a look tomorrow on my old system.
Maybe i still have some of your tutorials on my old system. 

davepmd
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 5:40:58 PM | IP Logged

Hi all.

My name is Dave. I am from Maryland. ive been playing pc golf games since the first links 386. stumbled across TW08 a while back. The courses on this site are awesome! Where else could I get pine valley and cypress point?? Anyway, great site!

Dave 

cobewhite
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 1:44:02 AM | IP Logged

Hello to all...

Myself Cobe White and i'm newbie here. I reached here in this community by searching for golf deeds. Hope i have a great time here and enjoy this community. 

cobewhite Signature

For more info visit [url=www.completegolfer.co.uk]sky caddie[/url] | [url=www.completegolfer.co.uk]skycaddie[/url]

Sure Hook
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 11/3/1970 (53)

Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 1:08:04 AM | IP Logged

Well this is SureHook,my real name is Aaron Entler,I have been playing online golf for a long time ever since the pga championship 2000 days,I use to play on the won game server years ago. I need some help trying to download the TW 08 caddie,I bought TW 08 and want to play online but having trouble getting on line even though I have a cable connection. Its been a long time since I downloaded any courses and Libs.I want to play online but need some help to get there. My email is d-n-a_entler@comcast.net,If you can give me any advice it would be truly gratful for any type of direction. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 2:43:59 AM | IP Logged

Hi...
The EA sports ( EASO )online servers for TW08 are down for a few years now. So the EA sports online function in TW08 is not working anymore.
Some people are playing on Gameranger ( http://www.gameranger.com ).
Or when you scroll down on Coursedownloads homepage, left side bottom you will see section: Community links
Inside Community links there are several sites, some sites are playing with friends on Hamachi, and other sites are using a gamelauncher to play tours.

Some interesting help below when you are new to TW08:

When you installed TW08 it is good idea to do the confidence folder fix:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=5801

When you want to install TW08 custom courses, you will need automatic installer TWCaddie08:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=11

When you are running Win7 or Vista you will have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator, some help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8478&forum=32

You can find other tools in section: Utilities....utilities and files for TW08

Or go to link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/viewcat.asp?gameid=11

ncyclist
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:52:20 AM | IP Logged

My name is Terry and I live in NC. I have been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour since about 2003. I have found Tour 06 the best and I have played it 100 ways 'til Sunday and I am trying to install new courses but I am having a bit of a problem. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 9:43:29 AM | IP Logged

Hi....
Best way to install TW06 courses is to use automatic installer CLsetup06

When you are using Win7 or vista, try to run CLsetup06 as administrator:
On desktop right click CLsetup06 icon....choose properties....on top choose Compatibility...and on bottom check box: Run as administrator

Zerothemaste
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 10:23:00 AM | IP Logged

Hello everyone! I'm Zero, and I wandered around to this site when I was looking for courses for TW04. I must say, it is a great site! I do have a lot of noob-like questions, so I hope that you all will bear with me! ~Zero 

Omnigoob
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 6:15:49 PM | IP Logged

HowD!
I'm OmniGoob!
I live in San Antonio!
Therefore, I love the brand new course!
Thanx to "BullPupp" ??? I get that right?
Drop me a line!
Go Cowboys! 

howru5424
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 at 2:43:07 PM | IP Logged

Hi everyone. My name is Harold, from Lowell, MA. Just golfing for fun. 

baddog_3095
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 at 6:45:49 PM | IP Logged

Im Jeff Council from South Beloit,Illinois
Designed 1 course so far "Beloit Hills" under Council. Have more fun designing then playing....at times lol :-O

ChinguGolf
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 1:49:59 PM | IP Logged

Hello All.

I'm back.

You may remember me from back in 2004 and 2005 when I was actively designing courses such as Rundle Mountain, Tremont Station, Hellsgate National, Mystic Lakes, Kaskaskia and Justamere, Golf Course to name a few. I also worked with a great designer by the name of Steve Danut on two of the best courses I was part of desinging which were Bannockburn (2010 U.S. Open) fantasy course and Phantom Ranch Outpost.

Well, I took a rather long break and now I think I want to get back into the design and play.

I hope some of the old designers are stil around. There were, of course, some really great ones that I had the pleasure of getting to know. Steve Danut, was of course, the one who I collaberated with and a talented designer indeed, but I also remember working with Jimbo, Ennguy and several other greats! Dampa and Damma? There are too many to recall all the names but I'll remember them when I see them.

If any of you are still around?

I'm going to need to get all the software again as I'm several computers down the road from when I was designing.

Good to be back and I hope that in the not so distant future , I'll have another course designed for our playing pleasure.

Rich (ChinguGolf) 

Otto Kriete
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/1/1953 (70)

Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 5:48:32 PM | IP Logged

I remember you very well, Rich........ and I'm delighted to see you back in the community! While I no longer play the game, it's a banner day to welcome back one of TW's best designers! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 4:53:53 PM | IP Logged

Rich, I have not heard from any of them recently. But those definitely were the good old days. If you need anything just let me know. 

rftech
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 at 2:55:26 AM | IP Logged

Hello to everybody I am Robert F. I am a newbie to course designing, gave it a try when Microsoft Links had it, couldn't devote enough time to it. I thought I would try it again, I don't know if I have more time but started thinking about it aaafter I pickup TW08 for WII, than I got it for my computer. I was wondering about cpu and memory and video card, mine are 2.0 duel core cpu, 4Gb memory and an ATI RADEON HD 4600 with 1Gb of memory, if memory serves me correctly I believe that would good enough, as I think this hardware is farbetter then what was avialble when TW06 came out. If I'm wrong could you let me know what I do need. Thank you. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 at 11:49:42 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Robert....

Should be no problem at all to play TW08 game with your system.
Some Info on link below, when you are new to TW08:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9032&forum=11 

rftech
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 2:44:15 AM | IP Logged

Hi GunPower61
This is robert, I don't really know if this the right place for this but, one course I haven't seen is Pebble Beach, I really enjoyed playing it when I had Links, back in the day. I was wondering if it was available for download, I haven't seen it any where, but I will have to be honest, I haven't looked all that hard. 

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Bill51,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Introduce Yourself - Page 1 Loaded in 0.596 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 6:18:20 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.