Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

kickhard001
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/3/1970 (53)

Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 7:44:51 PM | IP Logged

I just got a new machine and cant run the course manager at all.

It gives me a error saying I dont have TW 08 installed. So it is not recoqnizing it TW 08. I cant DL courses because of this either. What is the fix 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 1:57:07 PM | IP Logged

The program needs to have permission from the first time you install it. UAC Creates registery entries for each individual user and denies access to the keys Tiger Woods 08 uses to read courses from.

Simply put here is how to fix every single issue that Vista users have encountered. MAKE SURE THE PROGRAM HAS ADMINISTRATION PRIVILEGES.

So how do you do that you ask?

Browse to the folder you installed TW Caddie 08 usally:
C://Program Files/CourseDownloads.com/TW Caddie 08

Locate the following file:
TW Caddie 08.exe

(VISTA 64 BETA)
TW Caddie 08 Vista 64.exe

Right Click on that file and select Properties.

With properties Open select the tab labeled Compatibility

In the Compatibility screen you will see a option near the bottom that says:
Run This Program as Administrator

Check the box and click Apply and then OK. As the manual says you the program MUST BE RAN AS AN ADMINISTER. IN XP just being logged in as an Admin is enough. Vista on the other hand you have to tell it to run as an Administer.

This has fixed 99.9% of all reported problems with TW Caddie and Vista.

kickhard001
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/3/1970 (53)

Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 1:14:55 AM | IP Logged

Ok I am still having problems trying to play these courses. I have done what was suggested and now I can DL courses but still cant play them. Here is what happens

I run the TW Caddie and I get this error message "This version of Tiger Woods 08 has not been installed correctly. This program will now be closed" After that message it loads the TW caddie (which is strange) and I can see the courses and files but I cant play them. On my other CPU windows XP automatically put them with the TW 08 game and I didnt have to worry about anything. It now seems the TW Caddie is not putting the Down Loaded course and files with the TW08 game and I cant see them or play them from TW08.

Is there a way to move all these files to the correct folder in TW 08? Is there a way to get the TW Caddie to move these files for me like windows XP did? What is the next step to get this thing working? 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 2:05:49 AM | IP Logged

Play the courses on your xp machine..... 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

GregPutnam
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 at 2:54:38 PM | IP Logged

All this talk is concerning the 64-bit platform. I'm on a 32-bit Vista laptop dell system and I can download and install with caddie 08 v1.5....to a point. When I look in the folder I only have a green icon. I know this thing works somehow or our beloved architects wouldn't be continuing to create their masterpieces for us. I have also been able to somehow create a black icon in my folder at times but I'm a bit fuzzy on how I've done THAT. Puhleeeze help, and if possible include pictures for each step. I'm a bit slow and a paint-by-numbers guy if you know what I mean.

P.S> I have to give myself administrative permission to do things and wonder if turning user account control off to install stuff applies to me too.

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Vista Install problems fixed - Page 2 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 1:07:22 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.